I’m so glad you are here.
Whether you are here because you are a friend or family or if you’ve simply stumbled upon this blog by happenstance, I’m happy you are here! I started this blog from the suggestions of friends and my husband to use it to not only tell our story and the inner workings that is my crazy mind but to use it as a way to sort through my many emotions, fears, and even anger with dealing with infertility.
So, I hope no matter what brought you here that what you find is someone real, someone learning and loving her way through life and someone who understands. My goal for this blog is to not only share my thoughts but also help others who may be struggling with some of the same things, to create a community of support for others. Because let’s face it life is hard and sometimes we just need to vent, laugh, cry, scream (maybe all at the same time!) and lean on other people to get us through sometimes.
I don’t have how-to’s, written books, or even some really inspiring story. I’m a simple girl, with a big heart, who likes to write, crazy about her husband and the life we live. So while I can’t guarantee I’ll always have words of wisdom or some great story, I can simply tell about my life and how God continues to write our story. This is our life, this is us.
Random things about me:
– My all time favorite color is any and every shade of blue.
– I’m a lover of coffee, creating things and sleeping.
– I’m a bit neurotic when it comes to being in large groups of people or enclosed spaces yet can give a speech or sing in front of thousands.
– My dream career is to be a mom but for now my babies include my 2 fur-babies and my 14 kiddos in my preschool class who ho
ld my heart.
– I love hard and wear my feelings on my sleeve.
– I’m southern bred but have a West coast heart.
– My lucky number is 5, no idea why, it just is.
– I’ve gone on a cross country road trip from one coast to the other 5 times and of all the places I’ve seen, the sea is still where my heart longs to be.
– My husband and I literally never get tired of each other, which is miraculous given how stubborn and opinionated we both can be.
– I have a secret love for Nutella. I could eat it by the spoonful and even hide it so no one else steals it. It’s a weakness I’m working on.
– When I get really excited about something, I skip. 🙂
– I love books!
– I am 1 of the 1 in 6 couples in America struggling with unexplained infertility. We’ve been TTC (trying to conceive) now for 8 years.
– I’m the handy(wo)man in our house, complete with my very own toolbox.
– I’m ambidextrous but I choose to be a lefty.
– I am the big sister to 3 amazing siblings. My sister blows me away with her many talents and love for life daily. My brothers never cease to amaze me at how smart they both are.
– No matter how old I get, bubbles still make me giddy with excitement and the uncontrollable urge to run and chase them happens every time.
– I am a Christian. I don’t just believe in God, I know Him and my relationship with Him is what sustains me, drives me, and makes me who I am.